Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Chloe, Pug of my Heart


Meet Chloe, my 2 year old pet pug. She is a very playful , intelligent, sweet and funny dog. She makes us laugh a lot. She is always curious about the things around her. Like most dog, she can melt your heart. She has a way of looking at you, specially if she did something bad, so you won't have the heart to scold her. She also likes to be the center of attention. If we have visitors, she will do everything, jumping, running, licking, rubbing her body against you, just so the new arrival will pet her, praise her and play with her. Most of the time she is the center of attention even if she doesn't do this things because of the way she look. I love her wrinkles and her snub nose.
When we were choosing what type of breed to get, we did a lot of consideration. I wanted a small dog. I also wanted a low-maintenance dog which for me means no need for frequent grooming like brushing the coat 3x a day and stuff. I also want a sturdy type of dog with good temperament because I have 2 kids. It should be active as well becouse of my two boys. We ended up choosing our pug. I think we really made the right choice.
Pugs are considered one of the oldest breed of dogs, it goes down through the ages before 400 B.C. Pug is said to originate in China, and it found it's way to the royal court. The Pug was accepted for registration with the American Kennel Club in 1885. The Pug has been referred to as Multo in Parvo meaning "a lot of dog in a small space." This breed is an even-tempered breed who is playful, outgoing, dignified, and possesses great charm. In terms of appearance, symmetry and general appearance are decidedly square and cobby. A lean, leggy Pug and a dog with short legs and a long body are equally objectionable. Standard Height is 10-12 inches, wieght is 13-18 lbs. Colors are The colors are silver, apricot-fawn, or black. The silver or apricot-fawn colors should be decided so as to make the contrast complete between the color and the trace and the mask. They need a lot of exercise and brushing at least twice a week.
So the next time you are going to get a dog, consider the pug, you'll never go wrong.

3 comments:

  1. Yah,I know--I love pugs,too!But we are living in an apartment and it's a no-no here!(T_T)I hope I could own one like of Chloe!

    Have a nice day to you,Rhea!!^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute ni Chloe...I have a tag for you Mommy Rhea...

    See you at work...Keep on smiling....

    ReplyDelete
  3. ate rhea, sorry to hear about chloe...

    ReplyDelete